How Do Damon Braces Work?
There are many options available for teeth straightening. One of the methods that we get the most questions about is the Damon System of Braces.
What Exactly is the Damon System?
The Damon System is more than just a new style of braces. It is a new and different way of treating patients. With traditional braces, there is often a need to remove healthy teeth or use of palatal expanders to make extra space. It can be more uncomfortable and leave the wearer with a narrower arch.
Largest Differences for the Damon System
- The wires are lighter and have a shape memory, meaning they move teeth faster and require fewer adjustments.
- The brackets are self-litigating, which means that rubber bands or metal ties are not necessary. It helps to reduce the sense of tightness that normally accompanies wearing braces and eliminates the friction that occurs.
- The treatment is clinically proven to align your teeth while also enhancing your facial aesthetic, most often without extractions or palatal expanders.
Additional Helpful Features:
- On average, Damon Braces reduce the amount of time needed to wear braces by 6 to 7 months.
- Because they will not need to be adjusted as frequently, you will not need to visit the orthodontist as often.
- They are also available with clear brackets for even more discreet teeth straightening
For adults, the Damon System is a clear winner due to the shorter time having to wear the braces, the increased comfort, and the less noticeable brackets. Do you need to straighten your teeth and think the Damon System would work well for you? Give us a call to set up a consultation so we can help you get the smile of your dreams.