Meet Your Burlington Orthodontist
Dr. Daniel Varallo graduated from Tufts University in 1993, where he obtained his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree. He continued his education at Indiana University, where he completed his orthodontic residency and received a Master of Science degree in Dentistry in 1995.
Dr. Varallo maintains a membership with the Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Honor Society, American Dental Association, and the American Association of Orthodontists. He currently serves as Treasurer of the New England Damon study club and represents the Middlesex District on the council of membership of the Massachusetts Dental Society.
Dr. Varallo understands the importance of staying current with the latest technological advances in the field of orthodontics. He regularly attends seminars and lectures on the most comprehensive treatments, including the Damon System and Invisalign.
Why an Orthodontist in Burlington?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Varallo continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Varallo has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Burlington Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Burlington orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Burlington orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Varallo Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Burlington area.